If you follow bloggers on Instagram, you’ve probably seen a trend on Instagram Stories where users are sharing five things you may not know about them. Then, they tag other people to continue the chain. Usually I hate these social media trends and pass right over them. But this one has actually been fun for me! I loved learning things that might be less than perfectly curated or blogerific about my favorite influencers.
I got tagged to share five things about me that my followers might not know, and I had so much fun going back into my memory to come up with statements that were semi-interesting (I hope). In fact, I had so much fun, I kept going past the five! As a way to re-introduce myself here, I thought I’d share some facts about myself that you probably don’t know. Get ready, there are some throwback pics to accompany them.
- I’ve lived in Chicago for 6 years. I’ve never lived anywhere permanently other than in the Midwest.
- I met my first Chicago roommates on Craigslist, and a marriage came out of us living together. One roommate met my college friend through me and they hit it off. I was inadvertently a matchmaker!
- If I lived anywhere other than Chicago I’d like it to be a Midwest blue collar city, including Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Detroit.
- I’m the oldest of three but also the shortest of the siblings.
- Growing up my siblings and I were only allowed “treat cereal” on two mornings – Wednesdays and Sundays. Our friends knew this and it became such a joke that someone got me Cocoa Puffs for my high school graduation gift (a sign of independence)!
- I studied Spanish since fourth grade and studied abroad in Spain during college. Sadly, I think I’ve lost any skill to speak the language.
- If I ever didn’t want to go out in college my roommate would play “Disturbia” and suddenly I’d be in party mode. I still play this for myself from time to time when I need a pump out.
- I took a step class for credit one semester in college. So much fun.
- Before Sincerely, Jennie, I blogged with my long-distance friend Amanda.
The blog was “2 Girls in 2 Cities.”
- I met one of my bridesmaids through blogging – it’s Sarah from The Kissing Booth Blog!
- Sarah helped Steve plan a surprise engagement by using a “Champagne Campaign” photoshoot as a cover.
- Steve and I met on OKCupid. I messaged him first and he later turned the story into a Huffington Post blog.
- Steve and I like to take a trip mid-February to celebrate when we first met in person (Feb. 17). Above are the coffees he brought over for our first road trip to St. Louis!
- Before Steve met me he preferred going out to brunch, but now our favorite thing to do is make breakfast at home and watch silly sitcoms!
- Steve and I got married at my alma mater, the University of Dayton, where a lot of my family also went to school. I was a third generation Flyer.
- We chose our honeymoon destination by looking at a map. I pointed out the island of Grenada, and upon Googling it the first link that popped up was “the newest Sandals location!”
- I ate Caprese salad several time on our honeymoon and now it’s become one of my favorite fancy/but-really-quite-easy apps to make myself.
- I’ve been a member of the Rent the Runway Unlimited program off and on since 2014. I love having a rotating designer closet! (The dress above is rented.)
- I’ve had strangers tell me my celebrity lookalike is Lily Rabe. (But I don’t see it.)
- It’s Jan. 22 and I still have my Christmas tree up.
So there you have it, 20 facts about me that you might not have known! Now it’s your turn, save something below I should know about you.