Ah – I am so behind on this post! I started gathering things to do for the weekend last week, and then here we are on Monday and I’m finally publishing the list. I’ve not been on my normal schedule mostly because I’ve been in Washington, D.C. the last few days. I’m here to work a conference (#PRLife), but it’s luck that I have family and friends to visit with at night. I hung out with my cousin and his wife (who I had the pleasure of seeing last at their wedding in Philly over the summer) and some college girlfriends. One hosted a Sunday night pasta dinner for us and we all had the best time telling stories and laughing around the table. What a great way to start the week.
I return home to Chicago tomorrow but it’s still not back to regularly scheduled programming. By the time I get back, the holiday parties and Christmas shopping will have begun! What does your December look like? Mine is quite full with Steve’s birthday and a trip to see my parents.
I hope you do have some time to relax this week, and if you’re in need of things to do, why don’t you…
- Pick out a new book from the Chicago Public Library’s “Best of the Best Books 2017” list. Little Fires Everywhere, pictured above, is on there and I can attest it’s great!
- Wait impatiently for DJ Earworm’s mashup of the top songs of 2017, and in the meantime listen to this mashup aptly titled “Perfect Struggle.”
- Speaking of year-end lists, which I LIVE for, check out the 50 tweets of 2017 that got 50K+ retweets.
- Shop local this holiday season with Chicagogrammers’ gift guide.
- While we’re in the holiday spirit, get creative with your Elf on the Shelf. Even if there’s not one in your home, the photos are still pretty comical.